Sunday, March 13, 2016

Autonomy:
That's what I always say I am trying to teach the kids.  I think we are making some progress.   The Kindergarteners rejected my song ideas for better ones that they thought of themselves. The 1st and 2nd graders asked me to stop leading the drum circles because they all know how to lead without me.  The 3rd and 4th graders told me to stop singing along to all their songs because they sound better without me.  The 5th and 6th graders almost don't need my help composing anymore and the 7th and 8th graders are teaching each other arrangements of the songs they are composing and don't even need me to play in the band.  I know this is what I wanted but I have to say, I'm feeling a little left out.  I can't wait to start something new and feel needed again.

2 comments:

  1. Believe me you are needed. Having the kids leave school with an appreciation for music and what goes in to making music is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me you are needed. Having the kids leave school with an appreciation for music and what goes in to making music is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete